LEPE has focusing its activities on plastic manufacturing, rubber and bakelite artifacts in the north of São Paulo since 1949.
During this period, in December 1949, the first batch of 50 trucks produced by the newly founded FNM factory could be seen through the city of Rio de Janeiro. Since 1950, the opening of the Brazilian market to international capital has been emphasized, which has attracted international automakers to set up their factories in the country.
In 1951, LEPE changed its focus and started the production of iron casting parts. Its history of machining begins with the production of crankshafts machined for passenger cars, coinciding with the beginning of the automotive vehicle manufacturing in Brazil in the 50s and 60s by Mercedes-Benz, Volkswagen, Willys, Scania Vabis, Vemag, Toyota, Simca, Romi, International Harvester and Karmann-Ghia.
The Professional Association of the Automobile and Similar Parts Industry was born on October 1, 1951, which later became the SINDIPEÇAS. It was following this development in Brazil that LEPE chose to change its focus and become an auto parts supplier.